I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Uk Forum

I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Uk Forum

My spouse and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September

My partner is filipina, she’s got the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find appropriate subjects about it, also on embassy web web site it’s confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter together with her passport, residency card, wedding and birth certification, DO SHE HAVE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

You want to prevent the traditions in UK telling us „No, no entry, your spouse requires a visa. „

The visa costs 170EUR here, which is quite an expense

Many Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies to the subject

Maybe you have checked in the following internet site?

It seems IF she has an Article 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen” that she may not need a visa

Needless to say we examined this site but :

Are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or perhaps a grouped member of the family in the united kingdom?

This is the concern we do not realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has UK nationality or nationality that is european ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Then a visa is needed if we reply no

For people you will find different definitions. Im perhaps not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, perhaps perhaps maybe not english.

Exacltly what the wife requirements is determined by which type of residence card she’s got. You can find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

Then she also needs to apply for an EEA Family Permit if she has a residence card issued under Belgian domestic legislation which is not an Article 10 or Article 20 card as above. There isn’t any charge for getting an EEA Family license.

Either in situation, this woman is just eligible to journey to the united kingdom WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. Like said, it really is your obligation to check on your situation that is own the conditions for entry are explained right right here:

Your lady is travelling you are (presumably) the holder of an EEA country passport with you. The point that is critical – and just you are able to respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure by having an explicit mention of the Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is plainly shown regarding the her F card „Residency card of family member of an EU citizen“, so I assume we will avoid to cover worthless charge. Many Many Many Thanks a great deal for the good and fast responses

HI, i’m in the exact same situation while you: i am a Belgian, real time and work with Belgium, my partner is Kenyan, she’s got an Belgium F card. It appears I guess we need an EEA family permit that it is not an article 10 card, so. This will depend as to how you see the question from the gov.uk web site as previously mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a relative in the united kingdom? therefore, does which means that i want to reside or act as an Belgium in the united kingdom or otherwise not? I merely wish to bring a tourist check out beside me n my spouse to London for X-mas.

The following issue: whenever we assume the clear answer of past real question is Yes, as my spouse will join me personally toghetter to carry a brief trip to UK, and now we do need certainly to apply for the EEA family license, cost-free, then afther checking out the „apply“ website link into the phrase „You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license“ with this site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit We have to make an application for also to submit an application for various kinds of visa’s, nevertheless the EEA familypermit is nowhere found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa THEN we result in some sort of cycle with the exact same concern on which kind of visa no actual choice of EEA at „submit an application for a see or transportation visa“ neither on „submit an application for all the visas“ afther we run the enormeous questionlist, we wound up in make an application for an 6month visa for the cost of 110 euro. Therefore for me, it’s not feasible to use for an EEA family permit regarding the website that is official. Can anybody help? Many Many Thanks

Under many circumstances, your lady will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, that will be similarly good) until you are „exercising your straight to movement that is free within an EU/EEA country that is maybe not your house nation (ie perhaps perhaps maybe not Belgium). If perhaps you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in a EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it mightn’t make a difference which nation) then you definitely could be exercising that right and your lady might get a card under Article 10 and travel to you to the British without having a visa or an EEA Family Permit. She would just require her very own passport that is national her wedding certification.

For the 2nd concern, unfortuitously, the internet system does not let me see just what alternatives you may be given unless we develop a dummy account making an application that is dummy. My understanding is the fact that there’s two problems:

When navigating the internet site, it generally does not provide any choice to pick „EEA Family allow“ until FOLLOWING you’ve got developed a merchant account.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for „EEA Family Permit“ after you have created an account,. From memory, I think (but only think, that you have to select from the boxes as follows answers in brackets because I can;t see lithuanian singles that section of the site):


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The wizard that is website then make suggestions through the remainder procedure without any indicator you need to spend a cost.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance using the home business office recently, and received an answer which they „will observe your feedback up with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which will be area of the home business office, and certainly will use them to help make the content clearer if necessary“ as well as a closing admission for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, October 29, 2018